Monday, June 28, 2010

Snuggle-Nesting

One of the perks of having kids 11 years apart is getting to try all the new baby gear that’s come out in the interim. For example, Snappis. I don’t think I gave cloth diapers a moment’s consideration back in 1999, when Vi joined us. But with all the cool covers (bearing clever names like Bummis, Bum Genius, Happy Heineys and Fuzzi Bunz) and the invention of these non-pricking pin replacements, ditching disposables seems more do-able (in addition to being more financially feasible and ecologically conscionable).

Another must-have infant item new-to-me as a mom: The Baby Delight Snuggle Nest. It’s basically a mini-mattress with an alcove attached to enclose and protect the baby’s head while sleeping between Mom and Dad. It’s seems like a super-sensible product for parents like us who have found that keeping baby in our bed facilitates better rest, but whose snoozing has been somewhat unsettled because of mixed messages about our little one’s safety in such situations.

So, I have invested in both a set of Snappis and a Snuggle Nest for our forthcoming bundle of joy. And yes, I admit, marketing had some sway. After all, who wouldn’t want to own a “Snuggle Nest”?! When I mentioned this brilliant little bed to my older sister she immediately inquired: “Do they come in grown-up sizes?”

1 comment:

Julie said...

There is a lot of fun stuff!
I too kept my boys in our bed... I got way more sleep that way plus lots of cuddle time. The hard thing is getting them out when they are 4!
I used an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper, it attaches right to the side of the bed, like an extension of the bed for a little more room. If you are interested in trying that, let me know you can borrow it! I am in the Buffalo area.