Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bathroom or basement? Let's step into my office...

(Been awhile. Hi!) I don't really have time to post a full-fledged entry. Won't happen until after the major fund-raising banquet for my workplace/ministry next week. But as I've been "working the phones" in the past few days in anticipation of the big event, I've come to reflect on one of the realities of working from home -- this is true for both Will and me: When there's an important phone call to make or receive, whether from prominent politicians, minor celebrities, or friends from the other side of the globe, we're most likely to end up talking to them from our basement or bathroom. Those seem to be the only places in our house somewhat safe from squalling babies, inquisitive preschoolers, or demanding tweens. I'd be willing to bet that if Will had the opportunity to talk to the Leader of the Free World himself, he'd end up interviewing him from beside a 3-foot pile of dirty laundry, using the lint-covered top of the washing machine for a clipboard, possibly even scribbling down his notes with a broken crayon.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Your life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
To succeed in life you need three things a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.

Holly said...

Marsha- it's been waaay too long. Am praying for a successful dinner!