Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tribute to A-Town by a young friend off to college today

Photo from http://robinhobb.com/2010/09/off-to-college/
"I arrived here 9 years ago, skinny, pale, naive, just a kid. You put me through some of the best times, and some of the worst times in my childhood. You've been an extremely important part of growing up, for me. I met some of the most amazing people here, and I've met some horrible people, but all of them shaped my life and turned me into the college kid I am today. I've loved and been loved, hated and been hated, ignored and been ignored. If it wasn't for you, Albion, I don't think I would have ever become a musician, or tried my hand at acting, or any of the other things I love in my life. So now, in a few short hours, I will walk out my kitchen door as a kid for the last time and begin my life as an adult, a little less skinny, a little less pale, a touch wiser, and ultimately changed for the better, because of you, Albion. Thank you, for everything."

Godspeed, SE, EB and all the other young Albionites beginning a new leg of their journey today

No comments: