Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aid for Marmalade

I have discovered that the fluffy orange-and-white kitty hanging around our place is declawed and has a distinctive mark in her left ear that I think might be a tattoo-identifier! Still no response to the ad I placed beckoning the cat’s owner, but I’m stepping up my efforts to find her proper home…or a proper home, anyhow, if she has, in fact, been abandoned. I called all the local vets’ offices and shelters yesterday to see whether she’s been reported missing (nope). Today, I begin my personal “Marmie Needs A Family” campaign. I’ve begun calling her Marmie, short for Marmalade, partly because of her coloring and also because the mark in her left ear looks like an M.

Interested candidates may contact me via email or post a comment here. I only hope the folks who took the trouble to have her paws surgically modified also thought to address her reproductive proclivity, so that we will not end up with several mini-strays on our back porch!

She’s really sweet and pretty. Can you take her in???

1 comment:

Nina said...

I wish... She does look sweet! Guinness might be happy, but Grant wouldn't.