Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cheesy Bells

Today I thought of a former music professor of mine who described the meaning of the word “piety” somewhat like this: “What properly goes with what.” I dare say Dr. Mr. Berry would have disapproved the bells in A-Town this afternoon pealing out tunes such as (I kid you not):

· Rubber Ducky (as in “You’re the one, You make bathtime lots of fun…”)

· The Hokey Pokey (left foot in, left foot out, etc.)

· Take Me Out To the Ballgame

Church chimes resounding about “peanuts and Cracker Jacks”?! On the Lord’s Day?! It was preposterous and silly. A joke, perhaps. I think I’ll set Will to some citizen-assigned investigative reporting to find out whose.

2 comments:

Auntie Jean said...

Love it! Hilarious! Awesome!

Auntie Jean said...

PS...LOVE the cheesy bell peppers. Brilliant!