Thursday, November 12, 2009

Das Boots

Here we go again with the boots! In late August, I bought Ben a set of his fave footwear to start the school year, replacing the last ones that fell apart after about 5 months of near-constant wear. The new pair, sporting black faux leather with fancy stitching in the form of an eagle on the front of each, was snazzy, but chintzy. They looked very, very worn after only about a week. A mere 2 months later, these kicks are shot! We had to duct-tape them liberally so Ben wouldn’t be trip-or-treating over floppy-soled shoes in his Halloween cowboy get-up.

Now that life has somewhat settled down since Dad’s surgery, I went about the business of buying Ben his 5th pair of preferred Western wear. Enter: eBay! Even though the last 2 pairs came from the online auction with less-than-long-lasting results, I felt savvier this time around. Genuine Leather Only. Preferably New. Reasonable Shipping. Those were my main criteria, which were met. I had to “hover” for a few days to find the right pair, in the right size, at the right price. But because I believed, I achieved!

Now comes the hard part: Waiting for the little buggers to march through the mail. Truly, it’s the little things.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Ben is going to LOVE those boots and you are going to get the mom of the year award!

Auntie Jean said...

Has he put into words what he likes so much about cowboy boots?

Nina said...

Looks like he has as much trouble keeping jeans as boots. ha! Greg was/is the same. It doesn't improve...

Kari said...

Have you ever tried that western wear place on 104? I don't know if they ever have sales, but they do have a GRAND selection - he might just like going there for fun :)

Sherrie said...

Grace to a real store and pay retail? That just sounds blasphemous! Part of her joy is the hunt and the bargain and I must say she is one of the best. I also know that she was trained by one of the best!