Monday, November 16, 2009

Thai Yum!

A yummy new recipe from Wendy, an A-Town High classmate from the time before the Internet (good thing I hadn't hidden her or else I wouldn't have heard about this one).....

Slow-Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken

2 lbs chicken
¾ cup hot chunky-style salsa (I use mild and 1 cup)
¼ cup peanut butter (I do ½ cup)
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tsp grated gingerroot (I use ¼ Tsp ground ginger if I don’t have fresh)
¼ cup chopped peanuts
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (I omit if I don’t have it)

Place chicken in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except peanuts and cilantro; mix well. Pour over chicken.
Cover; cook on low setting for 8-9 hours or high 4-4 ½ hours.
Remove chicken and pull chicken. Put back in and stir in with sauce. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Serve over brown rice.

Photo from the University of Washington website

No comments: