Friday, January 1, 2010

Pregnant? Yes. Peppy? Not yet.

A week and a day ago this vacation stretched out before me like an open road of adventures in good housekeeping. I had grand plans for scrubbing the kitchen floor, folding baskets-full of unmatched socks, sorting and shredding paperwork dating back to 1996, stacked in banker’s boxes in the attic..... And what have I done?

Well, there was Christmas, of course – the frenzy of wrapping, packing, traveling, unwrapping, repacking, and traveling some more. (I am, as ever, thankful beyond words for the beauty of Midnight Mass at St. Joe’s Church up the block. My year would be incomplete without it.)

There were new DVDs to watch:
- Hannah Montana: The Movie,
- Little House on the Prairie: Season 5,
- Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel, and
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

There’s our new Wii, a gift from Grandma which elicited ear-piercing squeals of delight from our elder two children (and inner squeals from Will). Watching family members make happy fools of themselves playing Wii Sports and Lego Stars Wars has provided hours of passive amusement.

And then there’s the morning sickness. Yes, that’s right. There’s something about the first trimester of pregnancy that drains this mama of ambition, gumption, and feel-good get-up-n-go.

So, instead of doing all that organizing I’d envisioned, I’ve mostly sat around and loafed, nibbling on anything and everything that might assuage my nausea. All in all, a relaxing week, as Christmas vay-cay should be.

This is not a very peppy announcement, I realize. I guess I just don’t have the energy.

2010 and Baby #4, here we come!

13 comments:

His Path Through The Wilderness said...

Congratulations! I've only had one child and was sick for most of the time, but it was a year of being. I learned to receive more and be present...not off on some ambitious project. It was hard not to do the things I wanted to do, but again, I learned how to be. And this may sound dumb, but I threw up so much all throughout the day and night for nearly 5 1/2 months that I in some way was able to have a sliver of understanding about those who have contiual nausea, like chemo patients. Anyhow, all this to say, I learned during pregnancy. But alas, you know a lot more than I because you've been through it a few more times. Blessings Sister! It'll be interesting to see how pregnancy and your Lenten thoughts go together.

In Christ,
Marlena

Wendy said...

Congrats! That is such exciting news.

Julie said...

That's awesome!!
I had to read this a couple times to make sure I got it right! Congratulations!
I hope the morning sickness eases up soon!

Holly said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!! I'm running to tell John RIGHT NOW!

Anonymous said...

From one hot mama to another! Congratulations!

Sister Sue

Sherrie said...

AWESOMENESS! When?????? I do love those Waters babies!

Anonymous said...

Ohmgsh- Congratulations Tom and Marsha! What a nice Christmas gift.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! Soo happy for you.

Wishing you no nausea and much rest!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Marsha! I just posted my first set of blogs... about morning sickness. We're also expecting #4 (I'm thrilled, but not-so-thrilled with the nausea). Good luck, and hopefully the end (of morning sickness) is near!

AJ said...

Wow!! That's awesome news! Guess I'd better give you your baby name books back, huh? :)

Julie said...

I just nominated you for an award, check out my blog!!

Heidi said...

Congrats! When are you due?

MGBR said...

Due Aug. 2nd.