Monday, April 12, 2010

Day-Before Dis-Dress

Twenty-four hours before the big night: I have reason to fear that our centerpiece flowers could be delivered to Canada. Our keynote speaker (famous lady with famous-er son) phoned me at home today and my kids promptly erupted into a violent argument. And the dress I bought weeks ago in anticipation of this important event could not be altered to fit my pregnant body. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic that it will be a wonderful event with many participants accepting the invitation to support our worthy cause. A full report when I get back from my writing conference. Oh, yes—didn’t I mention? The morning after the banquet, I leave for a somewhat-spontaneous trip to Michigan with my fellow writer-cousin. Life is such an adventure!

P.S. Even though my mother, a very talented seamstress, could not fix my dress, she came through with another one that’s even better than the first. And (of course!) it was a bargain: 3 bucks at Walmart. Now that’s talent!

7 comments:

MGBR said...

By the way, I'll look *just like* the pregnant lady pictured here. ;)

SB said...

I want to see pictures! $3 dress! That is so impressive!!

Sherrie said...

You will look better than this pregnant lady, because you shine from the inside out!
Today was dress rehearsal (pun unintended, but appropriate!) and everyone knows that the worse the dress rehearsal the better the show!
Praying for you!!

Tirlittan said...

Oooh, I remember those phone-calls so well. My kids never seemed to understand my sign-language, and running away with the phone was never succesful. Praying for tomorrow!!

Nina said...

Oh, yes, we MUST see the magic your mother worked!!!! That woman has TALENT dripping off of her!!!!

Scott said...

You will do GREAT!
You look beautiful in what ever you wear. What a deal only $3.00!

Sherrie said...

I was there, but so far back I couldn't see the $3 dress!