Sunday, April 25, 2010

How Do I Look?

Here it is: My long-procrastinated blog makeover! I spent the better part of this Sunday afternoon searching for and installing the just-right free Blogger template.

The "Photo of the Week" feature on the right--a gap-toothed smiling Ben with Pearl peeking from behind him (a shot I "cartoonized" at BeFunky.com)--was the most taxing part of the blog transition. I had to try about 8 different methods to make the photo appear there. And even now, it's missing the frame that's supposed to accompany it, but I'm deeming it "good enough" for the time being.

The paper-clipped menu to the left of the "Welcome" section has yet to be tackled. For now, I'm leaving the links blank. (I've spent more hours than I intended on the project for today. It's birthday party time!)

Like?

5 comments:

Auntie Jean said...

I do like it! A lot, actually. Given our mutual attraction to blank books and the overwhelming desire to fill them, this seems so appropriate!

Nina said...

It is awesome!!!! I am VERY impressed. I "started" a new blog on wordpress today, since people at The FF&W insisted it is the best, but I could not figure out how to find templates, let alone set something up. ugh! I need hands on instruction!!!

Holly said...

WOW! I love it!!! I'm even a bit envious!!!

Scott said...

This makeover is like radically awesome and yet traditional and conservative. Great choice of pictures and the background makes your words have more meaning.
Your decorative and creative instincts make you even more extraordinary! YOU GO GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Yep! Like it!