Saturday, April 21, 2012

A prayer of dare from a freshly detoxicated stress addict


Being on retreat is like rehab for stress junkies. Hello, my name is Marsha, I'm a stressaholic, and my retreat is the Festival of Faith & Writing at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

A few days in the presence of graceful words, kindred spirits, and a packed-but-predetermined schedule (or, perhaps here at Calvin, "predestined") and I feel strong, capable, confident, optimistic, certain to become the wise and wonderful person I've always wanted to be.

Oh, let it be! May it be so!

(Or at least let this feeling linger longer than the pessimistic person I left behind in A-Town would have dared to hope.)

Amen.


Pretty picture by a stranger, likewise inspired by this gathering: http://jscottmc.wordpress.com/tag/calvin-college/

No comments: