Saturday, March 30, 2013

I've fallen...but I CAN get up! (A slightly bizarre self pep talk)

C3PO in Fondant @ Cake Central http://bit.ly/10kfFso
I'm wearing winter like a coat, a 12-pound layer of C3PO (Cake + Cookies + Candy = Pounds On!). Easter is here. I'll celebrate by nibbling on the contents of my children's baskets while I stuff them...and myself -- black licorice jelly beans ("The kids won't like that kind anyhow"), Cadbury Mini Creme Eggs ("These are really gooey and they'll make a mess if I let them have too many"), and Reese's Pieces that come in carrot-shaped bags that I fall for annually. And then -- Then! -- I'll "set my face like a flint" toward the Albion Strawberry Festival Race...the 8k!!!!!!!! Oh, yes -- "I am determined to start afresh."

A scene from Pride & Prejudice, Maria to Lizzy: "Lady Catherine was so severe about the only right way to place gowns, that I couldn't sleep! I am determined to start afresh."



No comments: