Friday, March 15, 2013

Wifely grumps and grounds for gratitude

I don't like it when Tom buys the coffee
Because occasionally he brings home the wrong blend
And I can't stand the taste of it for the week--
Blechhh!

I don't like it when Tom makes the coffee
Because he almost always puts the filter in funny
And gets grounds in the bottom of the brew--
Blechhh!

I don't like it when Tom buys the milk
Because he sometimes picks the Walmart kind
   (which has a pink cap on the skim,
   which looks too much like the red cap on the whole)
And I end up pouring skim milk into my coffee
Double blech--it's watery and sedimentary!

But, man-oh-man, I love that man--
Who shops for groceries and serves me coffee
And washes the cups I drink from,
Grounds and all.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I once complained to my mom about something that Greg had not done and she sternly reminded me that he does the vacuuming and That was more than most men!