Friday, May 29, 2009

Time, warped

In Facebook form: “Grace has that unsettled, yet-to-find-her-groove feeling of being in a new job, a new office, a new routine that’s not yet routine.”

Schedules really do seem to affect my psyche. For example, in the weeks when there’s a Monday holiday and my first work day is Tuesday, the rest of the week feels disjointed. Same goes for Sundays: On the rare Sabbath when I miss church, my inner clock gets confused. I know I’m not the only one who experiences this phenomenon; I’m just a little surprised I’m not more adaptable. I generally like “the spontaneous.”

Is it possible to be a creative artist-type person and still crave routine? I am and I do! So this week was both: A Monday-off week and a new job to boot. I’m flummoxed.

P.S. The stray still needs a home. Will doesn’t want to take him in, and I’m more interested in marital harmony than Washington’s welfare. I think I mentioned before that his name before he found us was Washington. And he lived in the town of Derby. And now we call him Ginger. So, I muse, his name is now Mr. Derby G. Washington. Who wouldn’t want to welcome such a distinguished gentleman into their home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for Washington. He needs a good home--inside and outside too. Maybe if we auctioned him off for, say $500, someone would think he must be special--well, he is.