Saturday, June 23, 2012

Smitten waterfowl…and other stuff that’s just ducky!

















^ Of the gazillion-trillion pieces of paper that have migrated from the school to our house since September, I think this is my favorite. For reasons that defy explanation. (Or, perhaps I should say, for obvious reasons.)




< This piece, entitled “Sleepyheads,” is a close second. It reminds me of the crazy quilt my mother made in the early ’70s. (Have I blogged about it before? If not, I must. It is my most prized possession.)










Goodbye, Panda—G’Day, Darrell Lea!>
Best licorice I’ve tasted in…well, ever!
Discovered it today at Rite Aid,
our corner drugstore.
This is potentially problematic.


 As are these sweet potato fries.
When did this
sumptuous-temptation-masquerading-as-an-antioxident-rich-superfood 
join the BK royal menu?!
I just noticed. Unfortunately for my jeans. >











 





< And finally, a happy ending: I recently received this love-ly homemade wedding invitation and am eagerly anticipating a joyous celebration with G&G, the bride- and groom-to-be.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

I never knew about the sweet potato fries,,,haven't been to BK since I gave it up for Lent. Dang, now I am going to have to try those!

AJ said...

We have a version of the "Sleepyheads" picture in our house too! I framed it and hung it above the stairs so I see it every day. Just because it makes me happy. And the duck thing is awesome! I love the things kids come up with. One of my favourites that I discovered last year was for the assignment "Write a sentence using the word 'pencil' and draw a picture to illustrate it." The sentence she'd come up with: "The pencil went to heven because he was in the reviloushinary war. (He was on the bad side)" Accompanied by a lovely drawing of the poor pencil, impaled with a large sword. A bit violent, yes, as well as thought-provoking (Is there ever a clear-cut "bad side" in a war? Was the pencil slain because he was "bad" and therefore it was okay that he died? Apparently he was bad enough for it to be okay that he died, but not so bad so as to not go to heaven, which is nice. Who knew that pencils go to heaven?) Violent, perhaps, but it made me laugh so hard... :)